Registering with us allows you to take advantage of all our unique services as a Convio.com registered user, including reports on critical developments affecting the world of nonprofits, stories on Internet technology for nonprofits from leading consultants in the field, best practices in technology for nonprofits, tips and strategies from your peers in nonprofits on how to get the most out of technology, and announcements of new Convio releases.
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the Site;
- Who collects such information;
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control;
- and, How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, format preference (HTML vs. Text), address, interests, and similar information. We do not request or store sensitive information from our visitors such as credit card or social security numbers. We use customer contact information from the registration forms to send the user requested information about our company. We never sell, share or trade any of our customer information with other companies.
Contact and Profile Information
Convio is the sole owner of the information collected on the Site. This Site does not collect personally identifying information about users except when you specifically and knowingly provide it. For example, we collect information from you in the following ways:
- Some areas of our Site request or require contact and other information.
- During the registration process, we collect personal and other information such as your name, address, and email address.
- Demographic and profile data (e.g., age, gender and income level) may also be collected at our Site. We use such data to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze site usage, to improve our content and product offerings and to customize our site's content, layout, and services.
Additionally, this data may be shared with advertisers or other third parties solely on an aggregated basis. We do not share any personally identifying information with any third party without your consent, except to a court or governmental agency if required by law.
Internet Protocol Address
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, track users' movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Information from Children
Our Site is for adults and usage by children is not intended. We make efforts to verify the age of our users in order to avoid collecting personal information from children, and do not seek to collect personal information about children through our Site. If a child submits information to us through any part of our Site, and we know that the user submitting the information is a child, we delete the information as soon as we discover it and do not use it for any purpose, nor do we disclose it to third parties.
Use of "Cookies"
All information provided to Convio is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of Convio. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Convio provides users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time. Convio gives users the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future communications.
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can click on the "Unsubscribe" link included at the bottom of your email and follow the instructions on the Web page.
- You can update your profile. After entering your User Name and password, you will access your "My Convio" page. From there, you can subscribe or unsubscribe from our email newsletters by clicking on the accept email selection.
Our unsubscribe requests are processed immediately.
Convio gives you the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided. Upon your request, we will also remove any other personally identifying information we may retain from our databases. To make any such changes or requests:
- Email us at email@example.com.
- You can update your profile. After entering your User Name and password, you will access your "My Convio" page and view, update and/or remove your account information.
Tell-A-Friend & Email this Page Services
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our Site, we ask them for the friend's name and email address. Convio will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the Site. Convio stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. The friend may contact Convio at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
We may conduct occasional online surveys via our Website or via an email newsletter. These surveys are entirely voluntary and you may easily decline to participate. Participating in an online survey does not automatically add your name to the subscriber list for the Convio Newsletter.
Other Web Sites
Our Site contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Web site for which Convio has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Contacting the Web Site
11400 Burnet Rd.
Bldg. 5, Ste. 200
Austin, TX 78758
888-528-9501 Toll-free Phone
You can also send an email to: email@example.com.